Handshakes by DC Frontiers is an award-winning DataTech company that leverages data to empower safe, informed business decisions. We are located in 7 cities and are expanding our presence across the globe.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to be based in our Kuala Lumpur office. The Data Engineer will be part of our Data and AI team that is involved in building innovative products on cutting-edge technologies to solve business problems. As a Data Engineer, you should be a data pipeline builder and a data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Our field moves extremely quickly, and so it is important that you have a combination of curiosity and creativity. You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture
- Developing and implementing (e.g., in Python) ML techniques to understand, interpret and extract features from datasets
- Participating in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Python
- Handling large amounts of sensitive data and creating, maintaining &scaling ETL pipelines to fuel web applications
If you have the following skills or seeking to develop in depth skills as below, then this role is for you!
- Knowledge of multiple or at least one programming language such as: Python, Java, Scala, GoLang
- Experience with relational SQL and/or NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Hands on with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, et al
- Some exposure to Azure, AWS or GCP
We are not engaging with recruitment agencies for this hiring. Submit your application for a Data Engineer here or liaise directly via email to [email protected]