We are looking for a Technical Sales Consultant to drive the adoption and growth of Handshakes’ technology products. You will work closely with the Sales team to help customers transform their IT services and significantly improve their businesses. You will also deepen business and technical relationships and launch new customer services by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
As a Technical Sales Consultant, you should possess both sales and technical background, which will enable engagement with business owners as well as technical specialists. You should be able to strategise around customers’ priorities and technical challenges, and hence convey compelling technical solutions to problems.
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined region
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
• Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers
• Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction
• Work cross-functionally to determine the most effective go-to-market strategies in order to advance our market share and adoption of products
• Execute strategic sales plans with the Business Development team
• Identify specific prospects / partners / channels to approach while communicating relevant value propositions to customers
• Understand the technical considerations, certifications, and procurement processes of customers
• Ensure customers understand relevant product use cases and are successful using our products
• Work closely with customers’ IT development team(s) to guide implementation of our products
• Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, or related technical field
• More than 3 years of experience working in external sales and/or Business Development experience
• More than 3 years of experience in technical sales, selling enterprise software
• Technical background in a variety of software applications, big data analytical tools, web application development, etc.
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales quota
• Extensive customer network
• Ability to translate deep technical expertise into simple, everyday language, and effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences
• Ability to influence audiences and identify expansion engagements within accounts
• Strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills
• Pro-active and independent self-starter, with the curiosity and creativity to try new ideas